Правила приватности и пользования
Principles of data processing
Protecting your personal data responsibly is very important to us. Personal data processing policy describes, what data and on what purpose it is collected. The data is processed in compliance with current laws and in data processing we make sure to operate based on your interests, rights and liberties.
The processing of personal data occurs in a way, which ensures the safety of the data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful data processing, accidental loss or destruction of data, and damage to data, using reasonable technical or correctional methods.
MTÜ Eesti Instituut, registry code 80007298, address Suur-Karja 14, 10140 Tallinn, Eesti is responsible for the processing of client personal data.
The purpose of data processing
The purpose of data processing is to analyse the personal data collected by the organisation and to use this to simplify the services offered by the organisation. In addition, collecting data will offer to the user to have more personalized and customized content.
Dissemination of personal data
Your personal data is not disseminated to a third party, except for:
- e-mail transmission services in cases when you will be sent marketing materials and offers
- web developer to ensure its smooth functioning
- third parties cooperating with the organisation. If your personal data is shared with the organisation’s partners, it will be processed in accordance with the personal data processing rules and only for the purposes which is compliance with the company’s data collection aim
- public authorities regarding legal matters (i.e. police, tax office etc.)
Personal data storage
The data processing is in accordance with legal requirements, what means that the personal data is stored no longer than needed to process it. This means that the data is deleted from the moment it is not needed for the purpose it was collected or if they aren’t up to date. In accordance with the data protection policy your personal data is treated as confidential and with high security standards.
Client’s rights in personal data processing
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- the right to request access to their personal data;
- the right to request correction of data;
- the right to request deletion of data;
- the right to restrict the processing of personal data;
- the right to present objections to the processing of personal data;
- the right to demand transfer of data;
- the right to withdraw consent;
- the right to present objections to the processing of personal data for direct marketing (including the analysis of personal data so called profiling)
- the right to opt out of newsletters/personal offers
Data collected on the website
The following personal data related to Google Analytics system is collected:
- Geographical location
When participating in the language game following data is collected:
PRINCIPLES OF COOKIE USAGE
Information about cookies
While visiting our website, your personal data about the use of the page and pages visited can be stored. The collected data can include technical information about your device and internet connection (ie the operating system in use, browser version, IP address, cookies and unique IDs).
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer or device when visiting our website. The purpose is to improve the user’s experience on the webpage, evaluating the usage of contents and support the marketing of services. Cookies make it possible to monitor the usage statistics and other actions on the website. Cookies are important in making the web service easier and more convenient and allow to offer you better services. Cookies are not dangerous and don’t damage your computer or files.
The purpose of cookies
Cookies help to:
- avoid the need of multiple logins in a single session
- remember your settings and preferences
- improve the speed and safety of the website
- personalise the website and find information faster
- plan corrections and developments of the website
- tailor the offers and marketing to your needs
Cookie types and classification
We use both first-party and third-party cookies, which can both be session or persistent cookies.
- Temporary cookies, also known as session cookies, are saved on your computer while you browse the website and are deleted after you leave the site. Temporary cookies are usually used to offer the user a convenient way to use the browser.
- Persistent cookies store your preferences and activities, enable the website to remember earlier activities done by the user (i.e. username, language etc) and thereby offer more efficient and personalised functions.
Compared to session cookies, they have a longer time to live and are valid for a period given to each specific cookie. Persistent cookies are not deleted upon leaving a site and they will be stored in your device.
First-party cookies are cookies that are placed on our website to help store data, which is used the next time you visit the website.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are created by third parties, which are used for analytical purposes. The gathered data is used to put together website functionality reports and to make the website more efficient.
Cookies are classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies — these allow to use the website’s functions and remember information from forms, when the user is visiting other subpages. Without the use of strictly necessary cookies we can’t provide safe website services. Strictly necessary cookies do not collect data for marketing purposes and do not store previously visited pages.
- Performance cookies — collect data about the use of the webpage and these can be used to improve the website’s operating mode. Performance cookies show which pages were visited most frequently, what were the difficulties when visiting the webpage and whether the advertisement is working. Performance cookies do not collect data about the user and all the data is anonymous.
- Functionality cookies — these cookies store your choices and offer improved and personalised functions. In addition, they remember changes, but do not store activities on other websites.
- Directed/advertising cookies — these are used to show adverts in line with your interests and limit the number of times an advertisement is shown. Advertising cookies collects data about the user’s browsing habits, which allows the website to show advertisements in line with the user’s preferences. It also allows to measure the efficiency of an advertising campaign.
Third party functions
For example Facebook and Google can use their cookies or other methods to collect the data about our website contents that you have visited. They use this data to offer usage statistics analysis and adverts related to a user interests.
Cookies used on the website
On this website we use the following cookies that store user data:
- Cookies related to Google Analytics system
- Content cookies attached by third parties (i.e. Youtube)
- User language preferences
Cookie management and deletion
You have the right to refuse to store the cookies in your device, which can be done in your browser settings. When blocking cookies you need to take into account that some of the website functionality might not be accessible and we can’t guarantee the intended behaviour of the website.
We will not use your data in any other way than specified in this document. If the Terms and Services change we will let you know and ask again for your consent.
Last changed 07.03.2019